These steps will allow Myst to be completed in thirty minutes, without
viewing the entire game.
1. Turn on all markers (marker switches to up positions and symbols to
green). At the clock tower, rotate the small wheel twice and the large
wheel eight to set the clock to 2:40. Cross the bridge and turn on the
2. Return to the dock and turn off the marker switch (down position). Get
the white page.
3. In the Library, look at the far right book on the middle shelf for the
pattern for page 158.
4. Input the pattern on the door in the fireplace opening.
5. Save the game. Decide which ending to display and deliver the appropriate
If you have completed the game, you will have been to D'ni, the place that
you arrive in after you have used the green book in the library's fireplace.
You will also notice that the floor is a mosaic, forming a picture of a
man's face. That man is not Atrus, Sirrus, Achenar, or any other game
character. The face belongs to Chuck Carter, who created a lot of the
graphics for the game.