Unlimited continues Game Guru fix:
The 999 Recruits Remaining code in the Game Guru's internal library
will cause the game to crash after 360 soldiers have been killed. In
order to continue from this point, a new game must be started and
patched with the last mission and phase completed. Due to the
complexity of the saved game file, which saves the kills and rank of
every soldier, the Game Guru will state that there are "TOO MANY
CHANGES" when attempting to create a standard Game Guru code. Thus, the
following manual procedure must be used to create a saved game that can
- Rename your current "CannonFodder" saved game file to "CannonFodder0"
- Use the Game Guru's Hex Editor and make a note of the value of offsets
24 and 48 in the "CannonFodder0" file. This assumes your latest game
is in the first saved game slot. Offset 24 corresponds to the phase,
and offset 48 corresponds to the mission.
- Start the game and immediately save a new game in the first saved
game slot without playing a mission.
- Use the Game Guru's Hex Editor and edit offsets 24 and 48 of the
"CannonFodder" saved game file to match those from the "CannonFodder0"
- If desired, re-apply the 999 Recruits Remaining and/or Maximum
Experience codes from the Game Guru's internal library.
- Load the patched saved game to resume gameplay.
Note that this may place your phases out of sync. For example, the last
phase of the Jungle More Jungle, "Donkeytastic", may appear as the
first phase of Chiller Thriller Killer, which is the next mission. This
may be corrected by editing offset 24 after the next mission has been
completed and saved.